March 23, 2011

Solange Knowles May Start Clothing Line



The web is buzzing about Solange Knowles starting a clothing line. Sources say, Solange tells WENN that she is considering starting her very own clothing line. She says

"It's a funny thing because initially I got asked that question (to design a range of clothing) and I was absolutely that person who frowned upon random artists and models and musicians for crossing over into that design process and I always said, I feel like there are so many talented people who've studied this and know the skill of the craft of designing because it is an art, that I would be reluctant to call myself a designer."


But apparently she changed her mind after she was recently asked by a designer to do a collaboration.

"A line that I really respect and was already a fan of reached out and had a great idea of us collaborating on maybe a particular collection and me just sharing ideas and prints (in a consultancy role) and being involved in that way I would absolutely love. It's still in the early stages so I can't really reveal (much) but hopefully something will develop."




Is she following in her big sister's, Beyonce, footsteps? Solange's style is much different than Beyonce's, so I'm pretty sure her line won't look anything like Beyonce's House of Dereon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hosted Desktops